Software & Vendor Selection
Helping you navigate your journey to the cloud
An increasing number of organizations are moving their applications to the cloud to take advantage of the increased efficiency and flexibility it provides. But, how do you know if the cloud is right for your business, and where do you start in selecting the right application?
AXIA’s senior-level consultants can help. With a deep knowledge of both cloud and on premise applications, we know that there are many considerations that must be made before making the switch to a cloud service. In addition to the typical factors that are examined during the software selection process, the cloud environment requires a deeper assessment of your business operations and system requirements. For example, do you have restrictions on where your data can be stored or who has access? Would a connection interruption halt critical business operations? Are the up-front savings of a subscription-based solution preferable to a long-term investment and system ownership? We help you evaluate factors such as end-user requirements, functionality, security, privacy, robustness, cost, integration needs, vendor alignment and more to ensure that you’re selecting the right cloud solution and provider for your business.
Whether you’re looking to make the switch from an on premise solution, evaluate your software needs or expand upon current cloud applications, you can trust us to guide you through the software selection process and recommend the best possible solution for maximum results and long-term success.
AXIA’s comprehensive software selection approach involves six stages, each critical to ensuring project success:
- Initiate – We start by gathering preliminary information and documenting project expectations, goals and objectives. This initial step allows us to develop a clear project plan, while ensuring alignment with key stakeholders and strategic direction.
- Assess – During this stage we gather data and assess your current business environment to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement. One way we do this is through business process workshops, which allow us to capture your organization’s unique technical and business requirements to serve as the foundation for software selection.
- Define – At this point in the process, we have enough information to finalize the business and technology requirements for the new system and can define the process for solution evaluation. We provide an initial list of vendor and software recommendations based on previous phase findings and then work with your team to develop and distribute RFPs.
- Analyze – This phase marks the end of planning and the beginning of hands-on software evaluation. Serving as an extension of your team, we conduct software demonstrations and review vendor proposals to comprehensively vet each solution. From here, we’re able to determine the best fit for your business and make our final software recommendation.
- Deploy – While software fit is being finalized, AXIA consultants work to assemble a deployment strategy and implementation plan to ensure a seamless transition to the new system. Key outcomes of this phase are the considerations regarding change management and the development of an organizational communication plan.
- Mobilize – Often done in tandem with previous phases, this final stage of the software selection process involves mobilizing for software implementation. Our team presents the project summary and findings, as well as prepares recommended next steps to ensure your organization is set up for a smooth, seamless transition.
To learn more about AXIA cloud services or to schedule a business consultation, contact us at 877-292-5503.