Utilities & Energy
Technology solutions to power your business
The AXIA Consulting Utilities & Energy practice specializes in solving the toughest business and technology problems faced by utility and energy providers. Our senior consultants enable our utilities and energy clients to harness the power of information and technology across power generation, transmission and distribution, substation, and retail and consumer operations.
With decades of national utilities and energy expertise, our team is well-versed in the industry’s constantly changing landscape and highly regulated environment. We have experience helping clients with multi system consolidation, asset management with GPS based asset tracking systems and risk modeling for field activities. Our deep industry knowledge also enables us to support clients with rate case development and maximize the capitalization of technology and business improvement initiatives.
In addition to our capabilities, the value we place on relationships sets us apart from the competition. We have the resources of a national IT consulting firm, yet we strive to provide local and regional teams for consistent, trustworthy support that is there when you need it.
Whether you’re looking to save money by maximizing current IT investments or adjust backend systems to account for regulatory changes, our team’s ability to anticipate needs and overcome unforeseen challenges ensures that we will always deliver measurable, high-impact results.
AXIA Utilities & Energy services include:
- Program & Project Management (including large projects with multiple system integrators)
- Oracle Product Delivery (including Work & Asset Management (WAM) and Governance, Risk and Compliance Management (GRC))
- Software Selection & Application Portfolio Rationalization
- CIS Data Conversion Strategy & Implementation
- Business Intelligence Solutions
- IT Strategy
- Post-Merger Integration & Optimization
- Business Process Design, Transformation & Improvement
- Financial Controls (including segregation of duties analyses)
- Cost Allocation Design & Implementation
- Rate Case Analysis
- Storm Management (including materials, supplies and labor)
- Labor Collection & Tracking (including union and non-union environments)
- Capital Project Analysis & Evaluation
- Management of Leased Lights & Poles (including subscription management and billing)
- Outage Management systems
- NERC compliance
AXIA’s Utilities and Energy Clients Include:
- American Electric Power (AEP)
- APR Energy
- Dayton Power & Light
- Duquesne Light
- Indiana Power & Light
- National Oilwell Varco
- Ohio Regional Sewer District